Our prices are based on size of room and duration of storage.
All prices shown are weekly.
Room prices are calculated daily and invoiced in advance according to your selected payment schedule.
All quoted prices are guaranteed for the lifetime of your storage agreement.
Prices as at May 2018
Helpful Tips & Hints for secure storage units in West Sussex
To assist you with placing your items into storage, we offer the following tips:
- Disassemble any big pieces – keeping any screws etc in labelled bags.
- Box everything to avoid losing things.
- Use proper storage boxes that won’t collapse.
- Wrap china and glassware piece by piece. Put the heaviest items at the bottom and pad out corners and empty spaces.
- Label your boxes clearly and preferably on the top and on one side. Ideally make an inventory of numbered boxes and their contents.
- Always fill the box up – placing materials between items, such as paper, blankets and towels, which will help to stabilise articles in the box – always use packing to fill out any empty pockets in the box.
- Clean out fridges, freezers, ovens and food cupboards, and tape doors closed for the journey.
- Metal – Wipe down with a few drops of oil to prevent rust. (Remember to avoid leaning against vulnerable items).
- Pack paper into empty corners etc to avoid breakages. Label all boxes clearly.
- Remember that all boxes need to be picked up – therefore do not make large boxes too heavy.
In the van
- Load biggest items first and pad spaces between items.
- Fasten your load so that your packed possessions don’t topple or slide around.
- Put your personal items such as your handbag, wallet, specs and keys in one bag in the cab of the van.
- How to use your self-storage space effectively
- Store largest items first.
Fill hollow items such as wardrobes with boxes – to maximise your storage capacity.
- Label and number all boxes – keep a numbered list, and stack boxes so the labels are visible.
- Store appliances clean, with doors wedged open.
- In a large storage unit leave access space – like a walkway down the middle.
- Remember to remove all perishable and inflammable goods… such as aerosols and batteries. Always place heavy boxes at the bottom of the unit if stacking the unit high.
- Large appliances – Defrost fridges and freezers thoroughly and leave doors slightly ajar to avoid bad odours forming.